Saturday 7 January 2017

Good news on the denervation for my friend

Going the right way 

Got an update from Jo, she had the denervation about five weeks ago.  She showed us a message that was sent to her after her four week follow up.  All tests results were showing a better, though tiny improvement!  super excited for her and myself and of course Barbara Cherry who was the first to volunteer for it.   

The blossoming bruises.

Quite why I should have gone to bed almost {never totally} bruise free and wake up to many many bruises on both legs is a mystery.  It is like mushrooms, you look under the trees and there are one, look again in the morning and glory be, many have poked their heads above the ground nestling in clusters. So it is with me, evening routine done, legs moisturised and all is well, wake to find  many many of them.  I try to be careful as I know how quickly and badly I do bruise, I never carry one of those metal baskets for instance at supermarkets.  They bruise my legs dreadfully when they get knocked against me.  So here I am once again with what must be the worst looking legs ever for me and seeing no reason for it.  I hate ph cos even apart from all the terrible problems with breathing, lack of energy etc these seemingly small, inconsequential things come with it too.  Fortunately it is winter so thick jeans are generally the norm and so they are seen by nobody else but still ...................

Local man shot dead

Recently in the news was the story of a local man shot dead by the police.  Of course as is the norm his friends held a vigil for him and said he was an angel, a lovely man, a kind man and oh so many other lovely things about him. It soon transpired that the police were to blame for the killing.  {well in truth they did kill him} but this guy was responsible for so many major crimes and when he was shot he DID have a gun in his car.  He had previously been accused of attempted murder.  He was a known "big guy" in the world of drug dealing and flew drones over prisons and dropped in the stash of drugs for the inmates.  Lovely man huh.  His friends who were travelling in convoy with him were also in very high end cars.  I do not  know yet if they stole cars to order but whatever he was certainly no angel.  I did read that he bought posh cars in order to launder his dirty money. He was 28 and was seen bragging sitting on the bonnet of his lamborgini car, plus he had others.  He lived in a very modest house and yet he had 10 surveillance cameras around the walls.  I doubt very much if this guy really was a saint and yet there will now be a huge probe into his death.  I just bet the policeman who was doing his duty will come in for a lot of criticism and hatred but for me I just thought that I hoped it would be a lesson to others, that we are cracking down and that as this is seen people think twice before carrying out such atrocities.  I doubt it.  For every one taken down there will be another one to take his place.

Of course his family and friends said he was a saint but go a little further and man many people said they were terrified of him.

We went into Leeds yesterday and had to drive past the end of the slip road where this man lost his life.  There were many many flowers laid on the side of the verge.  That section of the motorway had to be closed off whist the vigil for this him was taking place.  What are we coming to in this world. Of course the race card will be played, isn't it always, will be interesting to see how this story goes.

Shopping

We needed to go to Leeds to collect something so off we went and I did not feel too bad.  I decided to look for a few bits and pieces and actually did find a lovely ice blue jumper and a very lovely tunic thingy from Monsoon.  I still felt ok ish and we decided to go for a pasta lunch at one of our favourite places to eat in Leeds.  It wasn't long after that my heart, {having to work harder since I ate} decided it was not happy at all.  My face flushed in weird blotches and my legs were jelly.  The tiredness that overwhelmed me was huge so it was back to the car and home, via a slight diversion.

We needed to call to see about the alloys on our wheels.  Two were damaged when a kerb had the cheek to jump into the road and scrape two of them!!!!   I wont say who was driving when this happened but the damage was pretty bad.  The cost for this  little episode is going to be £200!!!!!!  It makes me feel as if we should be driving in the middle of the road.  These wheels stick out beyond the tyre wall, we will never buy wheels like this again that is for sure.

So it was home and straight to bed for me by 3.00.  I thought if I rested my heart would get back into a natural rhythm quickly but I was so wrong,  It just kept on jumping and flipping all night until I eventually went to sleep around 1.00.  I did not eat again either after our lunch so I cant blame that on it not getting back to my "normal"  Typically I was thinking that I wished the watch that I am to wear for two weeks before my denervation was here and on my wrist  but of course it has not yet arrived.  Alex, the guy carrying out the procedure told me he was sending it straight off to me on Tuesday so it should be with me soon.

Update on this watch, it has just arrived, no instructions and nothing to see on the watch face so I can only assume I just strap it on and wear it and the work it does is done behind its closed doors!

My car is going

We always said my sister could buy my mini when it was three years old and we are coming up to that time.  This car has been a gem, our run around but it was a shame that we had a beautiful car sitting in the garage doing nothing.  When we sold it a couple of months ago it was 5 years old and had 23,000 miles on the clock, most of this was done in the two years before we bought my mini.  It seemed sensible then to go down to just one car.  Of course decision made we then decided we would build another house in not quite an easily accessible location as this one.  The one we are living in now is minutes from my local hospital, a twenty minute walk into town for those that can walk it and right opposite a magnificent park and heath.  Typically we are now questioning if we will be able to cope with one car!  We shall see but I do hope so.

Do you know?

A quick off the cuff question of very little interest but it is to me.  I love tulips, my favourite flowers of all of time so I love this time of year when I can buy them.  The best part for me is when they all droop over the vase and lay their beautiful heads on the table or window ledge, all at different angles. So why then are the ones I am buying standing straight up and proud, I hate them looking like this.  I googled it to see if I could get an answer but I could only see how to make your tulips stand straight!!!!!  I would love the answer if anyone knows please,  I just do not like the look of them right now.

So funny


In this modern world we rely now on computers etc.  We rarely seem to pick up a phone to talk, preferring to send messages etc.  I saw this on my messages one day and was so amused I just laughed and laughed.  I could feel the horror of the hubby as his desperate texts to his wife seemed to go so far over her head.  In the house was their very young son.  The horror must have been unimaginable to the hubby who was too far away to intervene.  I must share it with you, I bet you too laugh as I did.  

Being nosy

We know that there is much to be done with regards to our new house so we have decided to go and look around show houses.  This is to give me some perspective about sizes etc.  I truly cannot visualise spaces and so get worried about how big or small.  I walked into a show home kitchen and was blown away, the size was very generous, the colour scheme to die for and was  must admit  to being envious.  Then Colin got out his tape measure to show me something.  The kitchen I was looking at was in fact slightly smaller than the one we will be having!  I was so pleased about this as I sat on the sofa in the kitchen looking across the dining table and the beautiful cupboards and granite work top.  One less thing to worry about then.

We have opted for log fires after we looked around a showroom and saw the most beautiful under stated fire blasting out its heat.  It is super swish and will truly blast out more heat than we need.  As our house is being eco it will have its own blanket wrapped around it and under it BUT, there is nothing nicer than sitting in front of a real fire, smelling the wood and hearing the spitting of it as it burns away.  So another job done and now we need to discuss this with our builder as all needs to be dealt with during the building process.

So I will leave you now.  We have Izzy staying over tonight so I am looking forward to that.  I hope the you are rested after all the festivities, all your late nights, all the food and drink now eaten. Back to normality once again.

Love to each and every one of you.  This is a boring blog but truly I have done very little and seen barely anyone since my last blog.  I had in fact considered giving up my blog as I did fear it was getting  boring but this is the only way to reach family and friends world wide.  

Thank you again for the shares, the likes and the comments

Carole  xxx

  






3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for your friend's improvement via the denervation. I hope and pray it has great implications for her as well as you and all others afflicted with ph and it's many forms. I always enjoy your blog. You have a way with words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for your friend's improvement via the denervation. I hope and pray it has great implications for her as well as you and all others afflicted with ph and it's many forms. I always enjoy your blog. You have a way with words :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you Kristi. It will be very interesting to see how I cope after this denervation. I hope it will prove to be another treatment for ph. Go well my friend xxx

      Delete