Thursday 19 January 2017

Cursing Not Allowed

Good morning,  This blog is a little late but better late than never!  

We had to let a member of the pah group go this morning due to her excessive bad language and the way she spoke to the people on the group trying to help her.  All her messages back were abusive to a degree I  have never seen on Facebook before.  She had been asked to temper her language before as we  hate to ask those those that need our help to leave.  In fact as far as I am aware she is the only one we have blocked from here.  I apologise to all those that were shocked and offended by her.  We got to her as soon as we could once we saw the problems she was causing.  My thanks go to those that alerted us and be assured  that she cannot ever come back on this page.  It may be she can see you and talk to you on another site but I cannot do anything about that, I would just advise you to block her totally. 

Some questions were asked as to why we allowed her on here in the first place.  Well the reason was that without knowing her we could never have known that she would treat us all so badly.  She said she had ph, she told us her meds, we had  no reason to believe she would treat us so badly.  I myself had blocked her before as I hated the language but of course she still came up on the admin side.  This time she went too far.  I hope this was a satisfactory conclusion for you all and that we never  again see the likes of such abusive derogatory comments on this site again.  It is for helping, advising and giving support.  This behaviour cannot be tolerated so she has paid the price. 

Dinner off

We had planned to go to dinner with some of my ph friends in Hebden Bridge a couple of weeks ago. I was  so looking forward to this but watched Facebook with dread as I could read the posts of the ones  that were coming and could see that one by one the dreaded illness that is so rife here at the moment hit them.  The cough and cold that does not sound much has sort of mutated to a bug that really strikes down even the fittest in such a way that for a while it renders them helpless.  With our immune systems already badly compromised it leaves us just too poorly to even think about getting out of bed.  As the morning progressed  my messages or phone calls became another and another person ringing to cancel.  In the end there was only myself and Catherine Makin fit to make the journey.  Sadly we decided we would call it a day and make another arrangement in the spring when hopefully we are all free from these bugs.  So once again ph had the final word and something  so looked forward was not to be. 

Exercise class

I might have ipah but that does not mean thatI am happy to sit around on my good days, those days are left for the wafer biscuit days.  No my ginger biscuit days are meant to try to do all that I can to try to maintain some form of normality.  With this in mind I joined another exercise class for people with breathing problems. Again it is hard to get across to the teachers that my heart and lungs do  not work as the "normal persons" and that I must temper my exercise to my own issues with my breathing.  Fortunately I found my teacher to be willing to listen and we discussed a regime that hopefully I could manage. 

The first week went fine, I turned up and did all that everyone else did.  Oh I thought this would be a doddle and looked forward to the next class.  Sadly this one did no go so well and I had to sit down as I felt very sick and clammy.  I really must try not to push myself so hard I know but it is difficult when you see people around you who look like they would not have the strength or the energy to be able to do the exercises who just nailed it!  I felt gutted and left early.  Will try again on Monday.

Fun fun all the way

Well that is if you have children or grandchildren or even access to others children.  I saw a post on Facebook that showed animals etc made out of vegetables for children.  They looked such fun that I decided Izzy and I would make them.  I had one very excited little girl sit down at the table wearing her chefs apron and hat looking at the array of food in front of her.  Now Izzy is a tuna lover so I used a can of tuna which I mixed with mayo very well to a bit of a slushy mush.  For fruit and veggies I used celery to make the body of the animal.  Fill with tuna and then build your own snail, Loch Ness monster etc.  She made an aeroplane,  The cucumber filled tuna was the plane with blueberries on top as the people in the plane.  The cockpit was a grape and the wings were made of cucumber,  She took great delight in eating first the pilot and then the people and then the wings and finally the body of the plane.  On then to make a snail etc.  All the time we laughed and had such fun.  I cant wait to do his again with her and a lovely memory was made.  

Wearing the watch

This watch monitors heart rate, sleep pattern etc.  All the things that are needed for the study I am taking part in, the denervation.  Yes it is ugly being big and bulky but I do not have to recharge it as the charge lasts for two weeks.  All data is then downloaded to the hospital computers.

I received a letter from the hospital with the word URGENT on the front in big bold letters and written in red.  I opened it and had a shock!  This letter advised me that I was to be admitted onto the cardiology ward on the day of the 25th and must make sure that someone was on hand to take me home the same day!!!!!  What!!!!!!  oh and I  also needed to be on the ward at 7,15. This meant getting up at 4,30 for a shower, hair etc and then setting off for the drive over to the hospital, I would be exhausted.  Then the MRI and then the denervation.  The fact also that Alex who is doing the denervation had promised he would be around for the first 24 hours went out of the window,  I panicked and rang Alex who was quick to reassure me that it was wrong.  All was as what had  been promised,  A hotel had been arranged for the night of the 24th for me and the 24th and 25th for Colin so that he would be close by, whilst I spent the night of the denervation on a cardiology ward.  I will arrive on the 24th, have bloods and the MRI and then be free to do whatever we want until an early appointment of the 25th as the theatre is booked for an early morning start.  Alex will stay overnight to monitor me and if all is well I will be allowed home on the 26th.  I am so excited to see if it helps and if this is the way forward for others like me who have exhausted all other forms of treatment.  

Plans going well

Quite nail biting to see if there have been objections.  The highways department have passed them, they just stated things about the water pipes etc so nothing onerous on their part.  We keep checking to see if there are more but  none so far and in fairness as it already had outline panning permission we do not really expect any.  We should get the final say mid February. I have meanwhile advertised on Streetlife, that we have many many plants and hedges free should anyone wish to take them.  I have had two enquiries so hopefully some of them will be of benefit to somebody. I hate the thought of all of these just being destroyed.  The two trees that will come down will provide much wood for such a long time. I am already looking at furniture!!!  Silly as it is a long way off yet.  Kitchens next!!!!!

I must leave now as a gentleman is coming to the land to see if he wants any of the hedges etc.  I will write again when I return from Sheffield hospital and tell you how it went. 

Warm love to you all, thank you once again for reading, for the likes and shares and most of all the moments, i so love reading them.

Take care


Carole. XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment