Monday 22 February 2016

Whose that banging on the roof


Woke on a lazy Sunday morning to hear a constant BANG BANG BANG.  Being quite groggy as I had certainly not slept until well past 4 I was puzzled for a short while and then remembered we were having the roof tiles sorted.  The cherry picker was in the road and the men were going up  and down in the cradle.  I looked to the side of me and something was missing... Izzy, she had stayed the night as her mommy and Chris were going to a big birthday bash and staying in a hotel with all the other guests. I then heard her and grandad talking in the spare room.  I decided I was staying put for a while and snugged even deeper into the bed.  Once I heard Colin had got breakfast underway for the pair of them I decided this was my cue to get up.

We had been to her "other grandparents" to hand over the photo book of Izzy and they were pleased to see her.  I was puzzling as to how her daddy had not picked her up at Christmas when he was supposed to and as to where her Christmas presents were as they had been at his house.  Then I realised, of course he has now got a son and a daughter as well as Izzy so three chairs in the car won't go so of course Izzy is never invited.  Izzy being only five was a little mercenary and asked us where her presents were! She knew that they had bought her some.  As she said "they are my family and always buy me presents.  Well we now know where they are, still at her daddy's  house and no chance of receiving them.  This will not stop Danielle sending them presents via her ex because she can rise above the way he treats his daughter.  I do think though that the grandparents could make the effort once in a while to come over and see Izzy.  Still it is their loss but it saddens me that she misses out on part of her family.

She is fine though as she now has Chris in her life and his family.  I hope and pray that this relationship lasts as I have never seen my daughter so content in a relationship.  As a parent we do worry don't we!!

Studies and trials

Interesting and very pleased to read that since I wrote my last blog I am finding people either waiting for the same trial or wanting to do the same study.   When I was doing the DCA trial I knew one other person on it, Lynsey and it was so nice to be able to message each other with updates on how we were feeling.  She sadly lost her fight for life following an operation to shock her heart back into a natural rhythm.  I knew nobody on the last trial until I came off it!!  Then I heard from people asking how I had felt and telling me their own experiences.  This time with both of these things going on I will have somebody to talk to and discuss how we are doing.  Maybe the people conducting the trials do not want us to be in touch with others but for me this time it will be reassuring to have this choice.

Mayhem

The cherry picker being used to put our roof back in order had purposely picked a Sunday as they felt the roads would be clearer.  Well sods law, it generally is but today for some unknown reason to me I see cars whizzing past, or trying to and then having to make a quick brake.  This is a 20 mile zone as we have a school very close by and a park opposite us.  However we have lost track of the number of times there are people trying to shunt us to move faster on this road.  This infuriates us as we are doing the correct limit.  We refuse to be intimidated however and continue on our legal way.  One day there will be a very bad accident here as people continue to go hell for leather.  We have asked for it to be policed for a time but the answer is they are short of police.  Strange then that when there is a football match on a mile down the road the police force is HUGE.  Where do they all come from as we never see any signs of them on the street these days.  Are they all in hibernation waiting for a game of football ?  It is something that puzzles many but I think the answer will never be  forthcoming.

Will we won't we  EU

I am not going to state my political preferences re this debate, I don't  wish to lose any friends on the other side of my choice. Though if I am being honest I think you are all of the same mind, we all have our differing opinions and we need not fall out over them.  I was however talking to my elderly friend Roy who was unsure of which way to vote.  He was worried that if we came out then we would no have trading agreements with other countries.  I said I didn't think this would be so as we buy an awful lot of suff from the other countries, why would they want to stop the money train coming from here.  Think of the cars we buy from Germany alone, huge profits made there.We also discussed engineering and the closure of all the factories over here.  He felt that if we were stopped from buying abroad we would be in deep trouble  I said I felt we could start up our own engineering businesses again.  His comment was that nobody would know how to do engineering.  Of course they would, there are many people still around who know engineering,  have the qualifications and degrees.  We did it before, we could do it again without being told what we need do by the guys in Brussels, who by the way have little in the way of qualiications for telling us what we should or shouldn't do. I reminded him that we are GREAT BRITAIN.

I did notice that for all David Cameron talked about ensuring us a good deal nothing was mentioned at ANY TIME of human rights.    We need human rights, of course we do but we are so dictated to by Brussels about human rights for others but NONE for ourselves.  We see our girls groped in the streets but they can't use pepper spray as it is illegal.  Nothing is done for the perpetrators of this crime as they always state their HUMAN RIGHTS.  We see houses being burgled and cars stolen and IF we can find the offenders then once again nothing is done cos of HUMAN RIGHTS,  It should be a two way pitch but it does not appear to be so.  We need to be able to put our own slant on it and anyone whichever colour or creed has to abide by the laws of the land.  If not then take the consequences.  We see people in prison who think up some stupid reason why they should be given money by us, after all the government money is ours and yes, humans rights dictate that we give it to them.

The world has gone mad.  I remember many years ago a man shot and killed a young boy who had been in his house stealing.  The man had young daughters in the house.  When he confronted the thief, well there were two actually he was hit quite hard with something.  They then fled.  These young guys felt they were above the law.  On entering the house they were the guilty party, not the guy defending his family.  He shot one of the boys and sadly he was killed.  In truth  wish he had gone for his legs but in the heat of the battle something went wrong.  However HE was then sent to prison, not the other guy who managed to not get hit.  The reason given that the law stated then, and still does that IF the perpetrator is running away then we must sit back and let them.  At this stage, as in this guys case he had no idea quite what these guys had done to his daughters.  Of course he wanted to stop them.

When we were burgled, I have posted this before, we were told that we must make sure if we wanted to hit anybody to hit them when they were facing us.  Of course the fact that the burglar could hit us from behind was fine!!!  The world has gone mad.  Of course there have always been people not wishing to be honest and make a quick buck but nowadays it is so much more.  Life means very little so the crimes are getting worse and worse, or even if the crime is small there are many that still feel the need to carry weapons and use them.

How many times do we see thieves etc or in fact almost anyone doing wrong then go on to demand and be given money from our government for silly reasons.  Also all in our prisons asked for the right to VOTE,  This was poo pooed and quite rightly.  If we have the right to do our own dictating and not listen to the little men sitting on their fat backsides in Brussels then maybe we can get back on track.

On reading this back it sounds as if my mind has been made up and I want out of the EU.  Well not necessarily {though of course I may wish it!} but I cannot understand him going in for he kill for us and missing a fundamental right for each country to have their own human rights and not have an all over one, one that works against us time and time again.

What has he negotiated for us, nothing that can't be taken away as soon as we vote to stay in the EU. 

Finishing on a smile

Colin and Izzy are playing house.  Izzy wanted him to marry her so grandad agreed.  Marriage done they got on with the business of normal married life.  It wasn't long before I heard Colin say "typical woman, as soon as we got married you began nagging me, do this do that!"  Doesn't say much for me but it certainly made me smile. The game then moved on to playing shops and now most of my lounge is empty as things grandad bought have been transferred to the bedroom..  Now a new game has begun and Izzy is a baby asleep,  or trying to sleep on the floor wrapped up in towels, grandad is singing her a lullaby, should keep her awake rather than help her to fall to sleep.!!!!

Have a nice day everyone and thanks for reading

Carole xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment