Friday 26 February 2016

Fainting the CORRECT way!!

Tuesday was certainly NOT my best day, though it began well.  We woke to a clear, crisp sky and the promise of a beautiful spring like day.  It was one of my "good days" and so decided to try to get a head start on jobs I do before my cleaner arrived on the Thursday.  Yes, I am one of those women who like to have everything in place before Annna, arrives.  Colin thinks this is mad and tells me so often but there is a sound reason why some of us do this.  My reason goes like this ......

We pay Anna for three hours to clean.  Though our place is small we like all the skirting boards wiped down with disinfectant every week, takes time.  We like the bathrooms to be really deep cleaned.  Of course the rest follows that we like our place to be lovely and really clean.  I have always been ultra clean but when I had the line in my fear of infection grew even more so as I was in and out of hospital due to infections, or at least risk of an infection hitting my line and travelling immediately to my heart.  Colin took on the roll of cleaner and he did very well indeed.  He reckoned the time it takes to clean our place really well is 3 hours.  He is right as I could never complain when he cleaned it but he quite rightly grew fed up of his weekly task ergo we found our treasure in Anna. Through the week our home is well used, it isn't a show house but yes, it is clean. 

So it was that on this gorgeous day I did do bits of tidying, putting things away, cleaning the tv screens ( I always do these as I like them to be done in a particular way) moving clothes washed the night before etc.  To me it is the sensible thing to do.  We pay Anna to CLEAN not tidy and so if we have everything in place it takes her less time to get around and so our house has the time spent on it to make it really lovely and fresh and above all clean. Thrilled that I was still feeling good I went up to Roy's to discuss with him some details of something we were helping him with.  I sat down and did my talk on where we were up to with his new mobility scooter and his grandson came and sat with us.  All was well until I began to feel a bit "off".  We with ph will all know how this goes.  From one second we can just "go" with no warning at all and it means a stay in bed until the episode goes.  Not a nice lazy day of catching up with reading,  tv or some such thing as when we "go" we do it big style and our bodies refuse to work, concentration goes and limbs do not move freely any more.  

Feeling this sensation I knew I needed to be back in my own place so I stood up to go and then WHAM, for a teeny tiny second all went black, my knees gave way and I collapsed.  A faint, though only minor in itself due more than likely to my ph in this instance had me falling into the lap of Matthew.,a young and fit man. He didn't realise what had happened and the significance and joked "was I falling for him"  the faint was over with so quickly but I KNEW what it was and the implications.  He had asked when he had seen  me  if  I was OK and on hearing a resounding "yes" from me said "you liar" as he could see in my face I was beginning to go off.  Thank goodness he was at Roy's  at this particular time. 

On being helped home I immediately fell onto the sofa, getting undressed was no option, no strength.  Getting myself a drink was out too and so there stayed until Colin arrived home from wherever he had gone.  I had time to reflect though how fortunate I had been.  I could well have fainted onto my neighbour and as he is a very frail guy the implications could have been bad,  a broken hip for him maybe and so not a good place to dwell for me.  I have heard terrible stories of some of my ph friends fainting straight onto concrete, unforgiving floors  etc and gosh, the consequences of doing this is so bad with stitches being required at the very least.  So once again I was lucky  to have been where I was at that particular time..

Sadly my lovely day of going into town in the afternoon to do a little browsing in the beautiful weather was gone, taken away in a flash.  I had intended to maybe join Colin in the park with Izzy after school but that too was out of the window.  Colin came home, made me comfortable and then he had to leave to collect Izzy from school.  As he was leaving the familiar sound of our doorbell rang and in came Roy.  Colin did say that I was not feeling too well, Roy doesn't take in quite how bad I can feel but we assumed he would be long gone when Colin returned which we knew would not be until around six.  At ten to six Roy decided he was going home.  I had told him I could not get up to get him a drink and he was fine with this but he doesn't realise the sheer effort it  takes to hold a conversation when feeling so bad.  There were times when I could have cried.  When Colin arrived home he was shocked as to just how bad I looked and was cross that Roy had not taken the hint that I was feeling so bad and left to go home.

Colin helped me to bed where I remained for the rest of the day.  I had no food as the sheer effort it takes to eat at times such as these was too hard.  I just did nothing.  As always though I went to sleep with the thought that tomorrow would be a new day and maybe another good day, and it was!  Yeah, though still not on top form, well lets face it we never are, I was well enough to go out with Colin and do what needed to be done.  

A walk around the lake

Five of us went for a walk around a beautiful lake not too far from us, it should have been six of us but sadly Susan lost her way and was unable to join us. The talk between us was flowing , and many pictures taken of all the bird life that was going on where we were. We stood a while to admire the sheer devotion of the people in the canoes that were shooting across the water at an amazingly fast pace. We turned a corner and a fabulous site was in front of us, a wooden sculpture was being created right in front of our eyes.  The very talented man had already made the most beautiful owl sitting waiting to swoop on the mouse that was being sculptured on part of the tree trunk below.  We watched with admiration as he worked on, his blade cutting deep and evenly into the wood of the tree trunk.  Sawdust was flying around, into our hair and onto our clothes but we all stood enthralled, though Martin and Colin did take some pictures.  Again there is always a memory of something, in this instance a beautiful morning spent with friends enjoying nature at its best and then this beautiful moment in time when pictures were captured of this sculpture.  Hopefully this owl will stand proud for a great many years waiting in silence to catch its  prey.  We SHALL return to see the mouse in all its glory when it is finished, something to look forward to.  

Onwards then with our walk past the horses that were being taken out for a gentle walk around this lake and we discussed anything and everything until we came to "the house".  Now this house was built over 30 years ago.  I used to take my children around this lake when they were young and the house stood then, alone and desolate in its own gardens that stretched out to the path and then the waters.  This house has few neighbours but those that are fortunate to afford a piece of real estate around here have beautiful houses, gorgeous well tended gardens and their houses are fenced in  This house sits with all the glass in the windows covered with newspaper.  It has stood like this for well over 30 years.The roof still looks to be in good condition and how I would love to go inside and see the house as it should be seen. 

On seeing the house sill in the same position. unused sill we were pondering on why this was so, an expensive piece of property in such a spot should be lived in.  A lady walking past us with her dog told us that the house had been built over 30 years ago and had NEVER been lived in.  What story awaits us here.  Nobody knows why, the locals don't even know why.  Was it a family dispute, the house once built was doomed never to be used.  The doors never to be slammed, the kitchen never to be assailed with the smells of food being cooked and the sounds of a family talking while meals were eaten here. the sounds of children never to be heard playing in the garden, the windows never to be cleared of the old newspapers and to allow the sun to enter.  The house does occasionally have the grass cut in its garden and there must be rates paid out by somebody on this property.  So we left with all thoughts running through our heads and with the hope that one day somebody would be able to fill us in on this particular house, the whys and the wherefores of why it stands alone and unused.  A story will come to mind for me when we next have Izzy staying over but in the meantime it still stands for all to walk past and ponder .......

Julie Taylor you made me smile.

I have a friend, one I have never met but yes friend is the right word as we pm each other often.  I tell her things and she does me that we do not want to share with all the world of Facebook.  We have laughed together and cried together over things long gone.  So it was that once again Julie came up trumps the other day when she shared a post sent in by somebody else.  I decided it needed sharing with you all.

As you must all be aware by now I am somewhat of a luddite when it comes  to technology.  My lists of things to do are done on paper, my appointments too as try as I might I just can't master using my phone to do this.  Colin despairs as he patiently, well sometimes not too  patiently tries to show me what to do and this is immediately gone from my brain!.  So indeed when I saw this post it was almost the equivalent of putting two fingers up to society!!!!!! I hope you too enjoy watching this video, you too will certainly smile.       Funny Toilet Paper

Must get on with my day.  Going out to lunch with a friend and maybe a small walk around the park opposite.  May even get to meet up with my son who has at last got to the stage we have long been waiting for when his mortgage goes into just his name and not that of his long ex partner.  He is seeing the solicitor at 10.00.  This will be my cue to quite the stress that all this has caused me.  As I say always a plus around somewhere if we look for it!!!!


Go well all my friends, thanks for reading and for sharing  

Carole xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment