Friday 21 August 2015

This stress sure does not help people with PH!

21st August      It's a rocky road and I don't mean desert!

At last we seem to have a blog!  Colin worked so hard last night on the one previously started but in the end he began it all again.  Despite help from both Kath and Karen we just didn't seem to getting anywhere.

Such was my frustration that when our elderly friend Roy  called for his usual daily mug of oxo for once I just couldn't talk to him, I was trying and retrying the things we had been told to do and getting frustrated and very stressed.  As any ph patient will tell you stress is a no no for us but I had it in spades!  My poor heart was thumping like mad and my legs, always a problem at certain times of the day did their usual and just wanted to pack in.  Pack it in was what I said to Colin many times as the evening wore on, I was in bed and he valiantly threw himself into sorting it out. The sounds coming from the bedroom and the study were as such. Me " oh just leave it, I am never going to do a blog, who would want to read it anyway". Colin " I can sort it and of course you want to do  a blog, you have been trying for years". Me. " well it is just too stressful  and I can't cope with this all the time.  Colin " Well  it's not you coping, just let me get everything in place, by the way what is your password for Facebook!  Me, PASSWORD, you know I never remember them, just leave it, password for this password for that, I hate computers".  And so went the the conversations in our home ALL evening.

The new blog he was setting up said it would take 20 minutes, also the video he watched said 20 minutes but the hours rocked by without it being completed.  I just snuggled deeper into my pillows and Colin valiantly continued working on the computer until the eureka moment when YES, we had a blog and it was published!  Will anyone want to read it, will anyone put on their blogs links to mine, I don't know and in truth I dont know where I can put links to theirs so a heads up on this would be very much appreciated.  We still haven't quite got our heads round how to get my profile picture where it should be and how small it should be, mine comes out huge and not the thumb nail one we are trying to get so we have left that for the time being.

Now don't be worrying when you read this one day after the first blog that I will bombard you with them.  I shan't but I just needed Colin to show me how to go on with it when he is not around the place.

Now my new journey can begin.  It's been a rocky road, a very rocky road to get here and thanks to my doctors , the new meds they keep bringing out and to Colin for being my rock we have made it.  The road has been twisting and turning as I have made my way to where I am now at on my ph
journey but I can now, in the future have a blog!  I won't be talking about ph constantly, though at times I will need to give it a heads up.  The blog is just everyday life and living with a chronic disease, family life, thoughts about the happenings in the world and oh, just anything and everything that flits in and out of this head.

I hope that over time people will be happy to see a new blog and happy to comment.  For now I am happy that at last, I can join the bloggers.  Have a lovely day everyone.  XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment