Saturday 22 August 2015

Family fire night

It is turning out to be a long night.  We decided to celebrate the end of Izzys nursery school days with a fire night in the cabin.  This works so well for us as Izzy gets to play in the garden with grandad whilst I get to rest on one of the sofas in the cabin.

We collected Izzy from nursery and there were lots of tears ......  mainly from me!  I have loved this nursery and they have taught Izzy much over the four years she attended.  It was sad to know this was her last day before a short holiday and big school.  Quite where these years went I don't really know.  What I do know is I am so grateful that I have been around to see this little baby grow into the almost five year old she is today.

Danielle, my daughter, was still at work when we collected Izzy from school and took her back to the cabin.  Fire lit and tea cooking it was playtime,  a wheelbarrow came in handy for this and she enjoyed being pushed around the garden by her grandad very much, not sure if Colin's new hip enjoyed it quite as much.   There was also wood to be added to the fire and the garlic bread to keep on being turned  as the fire was a fierce one and we didn't want this burnt as Izzy loves her garlic bread.

My daughter arrived to join us from work, sadly  my son lives in Leeds and was working later in the evening as he is a D.J.at the Distrikt Bar so was unable to attend.  Izzy continued to play outside with grandad whilst my daughter and I had a lovely catch up.  This was long overdue as my daughter is a very busy working mom and our conversations are generally very quick sentences when she comes to collect Izzy to take her home.  It's the general kind such as "here are her paintings she did at school, and can we have her swimming things tomorrow please?"   However we got to spend around two hours catching up on all her news and letting her know all that had been, or was about to happen with us.

Tea in the cabin is always a very informal affair., thought there is a table and chairs big enough for six people we think there is nothing nicer than sitting with our plates balanced on our laps watching the flames from the fire outside the cabin door as the day draws to its close. Then it is time for the numerous candles to be lit in the cabin whilst we all continue discussing what is next on our agendas.  The next for us is our small holiday, due to begin on Monday with Izzy.  Five days at Center Parks in Sherwood Forrest.  Then the biggie, BIG SCHOOL.

By this time it's home time and showers for everyone as with the best will in the world the smoke does tend to make us all very smelly!    My legs are never very good at night and were very wobbly.  I don't know how ph affects other people's legs but mine get very very heavy and what with that and my knees wobbly it leads to a very odd gait when trying to walk.

So ends another day in the Ayrton household.  Evenings are never good for me so after a quick shower it was time for a rest on the bed.  I did fall asleep for a short while but woke at around 10.00 and now the time is 3.48 and I certainly don't feel sleepy,

Today will be a sad day as we scatter my moms ashes in the garden where my brother is buried.  My brother died young but expressed a wish to be buried in his own garden,  it's hardly a corner plot though as there is a lot of land.  His gravestone is set flat, very simple with just his name and date of death on it as he wished. My fathers ashes are scattered here and my mom will now join him. Should the house be sold at a later date this part of the garden will be fenced off and always belong to the family so there won't be issues with this.  Maybe it is the thought of how sad this time will be that
is keeping me awake, though in truth I do sleep badly.

Right, dawn chorus outside so must try to get a couple of hours sleep., have a lovely day everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment