Monday 25 September 2017

How can they fail to respond!

Gosh how I just loved this post that was shared by Ashlee Hutchins .  Its made me smile whilst also making my heart break for what is happening here.  Read the words that are written under the illustration.  See how poignant they are and how true that it is what many of us would love to happen to us.  How could anyone not see the sense in this post.  This is one post that blew me away.  I shared it with one group but want it to reach others in the hope that it makes people more aware.


No automatic alt text available.



Give my sight to the man who has never seen a sunrise, a baby's face, or love in the eyes of a woman.
Give my heart to a person whose own heart has caused nothing but endless days of pain.
Give my blood to the teenager who was pulled from the wreckage of his car, so that he might live to see his grandchildren play.
Give my kidneys to one who depends on a machine to exist from week to week.
Take my bones, every muscle, every fiber and nerve in my body and find a way to make a crippled child walk.
If you must bury something, let it be my faults, my weaknesses, and all prejudice against my fellow man.
If, by chance, you wish to remember me, do it with a kind deed or word to someone who needs you. If you do all I have asked, I will live forever. -- Robert N. Test


Anthony Nolan

Bone marrow:- It  brought it home to me that if you are so generous as to sign for organ donation  then why not sign  the Anthony Nolan one.  This is where you send a sample of your blood off to this trust and all details of this are kept on file.  It is worldwide.  If you match somebody who needs a bone marrow transplant you could be invited to donate your blood marrow.  Over 1.000.000 lives have been saved since this trust began back in 1974.  I remember well the parents of Anthony Nolan begging on the tv for people to be generous and see if their blood marrow matched that of their little boy.  Sadly no match was found and he died aged just eight.  Shirley, his mom, campaigned so hard to make his happen as she did not wish for another family to suffer the heartbreak her family did. 

In 2008 this trust set up the first dedicated cord blood bank.  This allows mothers to safely donate blood from their umbilical cord cord and placenta after they give birth, this is rich in stem cells and it is used for lifesaving transplants.  

Knowing how some people are needle phobic they have now achieved another goal.  By sending out "spit" kits it means that you do not even have to have blood taken if you don't wish to.  The kit is sent back and all details are stored in their files, what a great idea.  Just something to think about for those that like to think they can go some way to helping others.  

Sad really

When we lived in Spain and as my condition, though not diagnosed deteriorated I spent rather a lot of time researching my family tree.  nice and sedentary though the stress did get to me I must admit.  One thing was missing when I finished it was our family crest.  There are many family crests for just one name and it takes lots of research to find the one that really is yours.  In this regard my brother, sadly deceased, did the hard work and bought one for my mom and dad.  Framed and on the wall it was proudly looked at often by all of us, in particular as it said my grandfather 17 times removed was "a good friend to Charles 1st"  Quite why none of us asked to take a copy I just don't know but we didn't.  

After the death of my mom and before I was invited to the house, I did not have a key, this crest disappeared.  I asked a family member who knew who had it if I could just borrow it to take a copy.  Well how pathetic is it that this has not materialised.  All I wanted was a copy.  I took years researching the family tree and some of the family benefited by using my site to move on with their own research.  As I am trying to add photographs and places etc to the tree I feel it is sad that I am to be denied just a copy of what was not even theirs in the first place.  Pathetic really.  

Piano time

As Izzy has begun to learn to play the piano we were asked to provide her with one for home.  A rather expensive piece of kit  this, she should have taken up the triangle, three of us shared the cost.  With bated breath we awaited its arrival.  The stand was bought and ready, the seat in place and all that was missing was the keyboard.  It arrived and my did it look big!  All unpacked and placed on its stand and plugged in Colin began to test the keys.  He did learn piano as a teenager so has way more idea than I do about these things.  Though we did have a piano as a child my sister dropped some money down the keys so she destroyed the whole key board getting out her money!  That was the end of any hopes I might have had for learning to play the piano!

It was discovered that the last four keys on the key board did not play correctly so it has to go back.  What a huge disappointment, in particular as this was part of her birthday present too.  We are hoping it gets collected today and another is sent out to us quickly.  I know Izzy and her attention span.  She really needs this to push her on further. One hour lesson at school is not enough if she is really interested in mastering the art of piano. 

Well you could have told us.

In Leeds on Saturday with Izzy buying her a  new winter school coat we discussed the state of the new house, or lack of it with my son.  Though we were reliably informed that the build would take place at the end of this month or beginning of next we had no firm date.  Then Izzy piped up that they had "put some wood in".  On talking to my daughter it transpires that indeed yes, a start, albeit a small one has been made.  The site is all staked out now so we can see exactly where our house will sit on the land.  I was shocked as to how much of the land is taken up with the house, though we always knew it would but I really can't see" things in my head, I need to physically see them.  It is not a particularly big house rather the land is rather small.  Now I need to write a letter to all residents telling them where we are up to and giving our telephone number if there are any issues they wish for us to resolve whilst the building work is going on.    

Autumn

I love this time of the year.  The weather is crisp and I love the nights coming in earlier.  I can't cope with the heat since I got ph so it suits me right down to the ground.  We have already begun to get things booked into our calendars that really work the best in the autumn.  One of these is being a National Trust cooking on a camp fire where we will take Izzy.  This is being held at one of our favourite places,  Hardcastle Crags.  Two of our friends will also take their grandchildren and we should have so much fun.  It is no secret that we love open fires outside, the best place for them when it is chilly all around  and you get toasted as you sit close enough to stay warm but not too close you scorch.   Yes we have had many fires ourselves outside but as this is being held in such a wonderland and it will be lit up with fairy lights for the kids etc it should be a great evening out.   

Why Why Why !!!!!!!

I watched the news with horror today to see that though there is a government ban on children under 18 being allowed to be sold knives etc there are still many shops selling knives, cleavers, daggers etc. to just such people.  Whilst the news was saying this was happening in London it will be in many places.  When we look around at the heartbreak that is caused many times by children fighting, maiming and killing with these implements why are these shopkeepers doing it, and as if is known that they are being sold illegally what are they doing to the people selling them these weapons.  To be honest I think we are never going to get on top of all the hatred out there now.  Though I hoped for a safer place for Izzy to grow up in I fear this will not happen in my time for sure.  It seems to me the world has gone mad.  

It is a lovely day outside today, a day when we would have gone searching for conkers when we were young and when my children were young too.  Conkers have been banned now in schools and I don't mind that but I do recall all the pleasure we had with them when we were young.  Yes we might have had a banged knuckle or two when having conker fights but for sure there were no deaths that I recall or no stitches needed to stop guts spilling out when we "fought" our opponent.  Oh happy bygone days!!!

Flu

Am I scared about the flu heading our way from Australia, you can bet your bottom dollar I am.  I had flu once in my life and the memory is still strong in me today.  The experience was so dark and horrible and yes, scary even though I was a healthy girl in my twenties.  How much more worried am I now I am older and severely compromised.  I will definitely be using my antibacterial spray more than ever when leaving the house and asking those that come to our home to use it on our doorstep.  Do I think I am taking it too far, no I don't so please, anyone reading my blog take extra special care, remember a dose of flue can kill even the hardiest person.  My friend died from flu when he was 32 and a vey nice strapping lad he was.  Sadly he died over the Christmas period as his body just could not cope, his organs shut down one by one.  He left behind two young children.  There is no flu jab for this one at all and they are anticipating many deaths.  Just take extra special care please.    

All for now.  I need to go and see my butcher.  We are having friends for dinner on Friday and I need to order my meat.  We are cooking a Jamie Oliver main course, one that looks really nice.  Colin will deal with that whilst I shall be in charge of the starter and the dessert. I always look forward to seeing theses particular friends so I know we will have a lovely evening.  

Go well everyone.  Thank you once again for reading my blog.  Thank you for liking it or for any comments, these are so gratefully received!!!


Warm love  Carole xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment