Monday 7 March 2016

PLEASE can I have my VIAGARA - desperate.

I am still playing the waiting game for my viagara that I take three times daily.  I have looked in every pocket, car etc to find a few that I keep in case I forget to take mine with me.  At this moment in time I have now got 14 tablets left,  just over four days supply.  I am still waiting for H @ H to get back to me about them.  The promised call on Friday didn't materialise so I am hoping for one today.  I know they can courier them to me the moment they receive supplies but if there are none getting to them then that leaves me without.  Quite what will happen then is anybody's guess.  We are told we must not stress, it puts undue strain on the heart.  How can I NOT stress when the very tablet that is helping to keep me alive is almost gone.  If I do not receive my call today I shall have to go and see my GP and maybe he can loan me some, after all they do prescribe them for male problems, though in a much smaller dose, maybe I could have a bit of the stash allocated for them.  We shall see but I am certainly getting desperate.  Thank goodness for my two week emergency stock or I should have run out ten days ago.

Study letter

I received my "normal letter" following appointment at Hallamshire a few weeks ago.  I truly believed this would be my letter explaining about the study they had asked if I would like to participate in, the one with infused iron.  Not so, at the end of the letter it does say we are going to review her eligibility for further studies in the CRF and there may be a couple that she'd be a candidate for and we will contact Carole directly about this.  In the meantime if she has any problems at all before we are due to see her again please let me know.

An add on to this is to the Clinical Pharmacist asking if he was keeping a list of people for if there were any approvals for Selexipag forthcoming as Carole would be interested to add her name to it.

So there you have it, at the moment nothing at all.  I had become quite excited about the iron study in the hope that I could improve my breathing and tiredness,  may yet receive a call but right now I am in limbo.

Clothes shopping

How I loath shopping other than for everyday domestic things, i.e. a trawl around he supermarket.  I have never been one to enjoy shopping for clothes.  I always get it wrong and end up with something very safe and very boring.

When I was young I would shop and come home to my moms with clothes I believed were fabulous.  My sister however would take one look at them on the bed and would throw me a despairing glance as she bundled them all up into their respective carrier bags and trotted off to the shops.  All the clothes I purchased were handed back to the assistants in the various shops and off she would go to shop for the correct clothes for me.  Back home she would arrive with clothes I would never have looked at twice.  On then being instructed to try them on I was always surprised as the clothes transformed me into somebody I didn't know, someone with a sense of style.  I wish I had this sense, my mother had it and my middle sister still does.

She rang me whilst I was shopping to see how I was.  On hearing I needed new clothes she asked why on earth I was going without her!  She has had her own medical issues so I never like to ask her to go to the bother of having a shopping frenzy with me.  I was so pleased  then when she herself suggested we go shopping together and she would find me some nice bits.  Can't wait, in particular as we are still hoping to go on our cruise to St Petersburgh and some nice clothes will be a must for this.

To go with my new clothes, well when I buy them, I decided my hair should have a make over too.  Once again I never bother over much with my hair, I tend to stick to the style I am used to and it worked very well for years.  Over the last five years however it has began to curl, how I hate it.  Straighteners are now a must and as  have thick hair I never quite get it right!  My grey is showing through all around my face now so I asked my hairdresser for a dye.  I am dreading this on so many levels.  I hate being faffed around with, hate sitting still for long stretches at a time as my heart begins to thud very hard in my chest, as if trying to escape.  At home I drop into my recliner chair with my feet stretched out and it calms this beating heart, no recliner at the hairdressers.  What if the colour doesn't suit me, though I am having it a similar colour to my natural one with just a few highlights a shade or two lighter.  Oh how I am dreading this.  So I have a few hurdles to cross in the next couple of weeks.  Will I emerge looking more girly instead of my usual jeans and tops or will  emerge like mutton dressed as lamb, I shall tell when all is done.

Karen Farminer

The funeral of Karen is today, were it not so far away I would definitely have attended to pay my respects.  Many of us owe such a lot to Karen and I am sad that I will not be able to be part of her final journey.  I pray it goes well.  The day is a fabulous one here with the sun shining.  I hope the weather is as kind down south where the funeral is taking place.  I am sure there will be lots of happy memories being talked about and much laughter as well as the tears.  She packed a lot into her life did "our Karen" and I hope these memories help her family to cope with such a sad day.  Goodbye from me here Karen and thanks for the memories.

Leanne has posted a few pictures of the casket her mom is in and the flowers.  Though it sounds gruesome I am so pleased as it really does make me feel to be a part of it.  Karen is having a casket, as I too have put down on my wish list when the time arrives. I am pleased about this as I feel pretty sure it is what she would have wanted and discussed with her family beforehand.  I was so pleased to read that Tess Dunn `attended and she said it hd been a beautiful service.  I know Karen helped Tess so much so what a lovely thing to do, to say goodbye in person.  

Oh the bruises

I am going to go for my blood tests earlier than I should as I have come out in many unexplained bruises.  I am a lot more careful now since my inr level was once 14.8 and at least we know we are being cared for, and so begins another wait in another hospital room for another test, story of my life!!

And the table saga continues ...........

A telephone call over the weekend brought us up to date with our wait for our table ordered in November.  Ours was given to somebody else after we had waited 11 weeks as I was told I had refused delivery.  This was a down right lie which was later admitted.  Anyway as we have been given the table from the showroom we are ok but non the less we did wonder where our new one was.  Well we found out yesterday that it will not arrive until MAY, so a table ordered in November will take 7 long months to get to us.  At first I was livid but now I just think well at least our table when it arrives will be brand new and we get to use their table for now.  There was a suggestion that they remove table and chairs and refund our money but as they fit so nicely into our space and the colour scheme all matches so well we have declined.  I do not think I have it in me to go table shopping at this time and begin the saga all over again.  One day I do believe we will have our own brand spanking new one.  Oh they also suggested we buy their table at a knock down price, this too was declined.  We want what we ordered and have already paid in full for, maybe one day we shall get it.

History unearthed

As you must know by now I do love a little history.  I was pleased to open on my Facebook page a post sent out by John Eastwood, possibly the best director our local theatre ever had.  It shows the most amazing mosaics discovered in an ancient greek city.  Click on the Link below: -


Read the story of these mosaics and wonder.  How clever and talented were the people who crafted these so beautiful pieces of history.  How I would love to have been with them as they steadily scraped away the soil of centuries to reveal these amazing pieces.  I also loved to read that there is still much to evacuate of this city, once a home  to 80.000 inhabitants.  Wow, would be a place to visit when all is completed though it will take many years yet.

Must leave you all now as I am about to go over to Leeds to meet up with my son and his girl.  I spent a lovely couple of hours yesterday with my daughter,  her partner and grandaughter so how lovely to get to see my son now too.  

All have a good day and stay well.

Thank you for reading, liking the page and sharing.

Carole xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment