Thursday 19 May 2016

You just have to smile.


We are busy here trying to get all jobs and things out of the way ready for our holidays.  Five weeks holiday with just one week in the middle after the first two weeks seems such a lot to get my head around but I am doing it.  I think all is under control.  I did remember to tell my lovely cleaner Anna that we would be away but that of course we wouldn't dream of stopping her from coming and would find jobs for her to do.  However this actually worked well for Anna who said she could do with a few weeks herself to help her hubby move forward in his business so we were all delighted at the outcome.  Now all I need is a pair of shoes that will go with lots of different outfits, trousers and dresses etc.  Not as easy as it sounds as my feet always slip  out of shoes so it needs careful consideration.

The funeral of my cousin Chrissie was really lovely if you can say a funeral was lovely. She requested that people did not wear black so I went for a striking orange jacket and I feel she would have approved my choice,  it was lovely to catch up with family old and new.

  I even met up with a cousin I had not seen since schooldays so we had a bit of a natter about some of our old teachers, some good and some very bad.  One so bad that were he here today he would have certainly been on the pheadaphile register.  He is the reason why even today geography is a no no subject for me. I was terrified in his class as indeed were many of us girls.  History on the other hand has many pleasant memories for me as too does english  as my teachers were so lovely and kind and informative,  We talked about our enjoyment of learning shorthand and typing and how we put those skills to the test in later years.  Another cousin and his wife and daughter were there too and it was lovely to meet up again. This particular cousin Barry took me on his motor bike when I was around 16  whilst our families were on holiday together and the thrill of the ride was so good that  I was  happy to buy the leathers and helmet etc when I began to date Colin as he too had a motor bike for pleasure.

Went to the meeting to talk about my pulmonary exercise class and I am to begin these classes in three months,  Sadly it means I cannot do ceramics whilst these classes are on as for the eight week course I need to be at them Monday's and Wednesday's, Monday being my ceramic class.  However needs must and my health does come first, particularly as I have been so stressed recently with all going on with my neighbour so roll on August and I hope I get a lot out of them.

It has been a bit weird here these last few days as for no reason whatsoever my granddaughters dolls have begun to cry.  Not together, not at all, and sometimes one cries even whist her dummy is in her mouth.  They are on a shelf and away from anything touching them so this was a bit disconcerting.  If this keeps up they will find themselves being banished to another room, real babies crying is one thing but dolls, oh no.  

I had rather an unpleasant encounter with the son in law of my neighbour at lunch time.  He had not been welcomed in the family, neither by my neighbour nor by his own daughter due to his conduct over the years.  They are  however closing ranks so something good has come out of this scenario as now daughter and father are friends and I hope it is to the benefit of my friend, who at one time changed his locks so scared was he of this man entering the house.  Anyway the encounter went something like this........ Carole can we draw a line under all this now and we are all never to speak to one another again.  (I had already decided this so had blocked them so no problem there and I told him he had no worries as I never wanted to see any of them again,)  I did however ask just what had I done wrong, his reply was that everything I did for Roy was to the benefit of me!!!!!!  Now quite how that works I will never know as I never took or wanted to take  a penny from him, something my friend  remarked a few times was a refreshing change.  Everything I did was out of love.  Anyway I managed not to laugh as I walked to my car and then he told me my last blog was at the solicitors!  Well suits me, nothing in it  that can't be proved with a good solicitor on my side so bring it on,  I do not appreciate however being accosted in my own car park whilst the neighbours are looking down but at least I do have witnesses as to the accusation, is it called slander the spoken word, I believe so.   

Now this family has judged me by their own standards,  My standards however are bible standards so I know my motives were always pure and good, everything I did I did for him, not for gain and indeed it took it out of me plenty times but I still carried on.   The family were always happy to leave him to me from week to week, year to year until he asked for this blessed kitchen!  Two years I had fended off this as I knew the work would all be down to me.  Indeed when going through all this at the hospital Colin even asked if they would take it on only to be told no, they had no time! My neighbour who had this kitchen company fit hers told us where to get in touch with the company. it was not my doing and he was offered a very generous £5000 discount too.

Now sadly all this could have died a death we could have ignored each other for ever but no, he had to be the bumptious person he has always been so right, I am up for a fight now too.  

Javea.  We used to live here, we had our villa built here and have not been back for the last three years. It is always a bit sad to see our lovely home that we planned, designed and loved now not in our possession.  We are hoping in October all being well to go back, taking our time driving down and enjoying the trip as we know this route well, having done it on numerous occasions in the past.  It will be lovely to meet up with our family and friends that live out there and so this is a wish I truly hope comes true, though much depends of course on my ph and the changes that will be coming about.

Thank you so much to Marcmary Dyer , Anne Caroline Bowen and Jayne Venables for your comments.  I can assure you that your trust in me and knowing that I have no stain on my conscience means such a lot.

Well weekend coming up again, how quickly they are upon us.  I do hope you all have something nice planned.  We need to make the most of our time, enjoy it and live each day to the full.  Everyday brings us a step closer to a cure, that is how I look at it.  Cant come soon enough for me and I am sure it can't for you too all my ph friends.  

Warm love to you all and than you for liking and sharing this blog.

Carole xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment