Sunday 23 August 2015

Sweet n Sour

Yesterday was a sweetly sour day for me.  As I said in an earlier blog we were scattering my moms ashes at my brothers house.  Though I know my mom is not here anymore it was still so sad  to see this lovely mom of ours now in a pile of ashes.  I hated it.  To make it worse neither Colin nor I had asked our children to come as we thought it was just for brothers and sisters and husbands and wives. In actual fact so many people were there it was lovely but I missed my own being with me at such a time.  Nobody had bothered to ring me and tell me so I was a bit hurt at this.  My family seems to have become a bit disjointed since moms death and it is so sad.

On the sweet side it was so lovely to see my nephews and nieces and some of their children.  We have rather a large family and rarely seem to all catch up so it was super.  One of my nieces sons I had not even seen since he was 13!  Very bad of me of course but we did live in Spain for five years and when we came home it was with this ph that certainly curtails some aspects of our lives.  It was a shock to see this handsome young man who was now driving!  He is a really gorgeous guy and I am proud he is my nephew, though once removed!  His two beautiful sisters were with him and we talked about the usual, school, athletics and dancing.  Such lovely girls and I do see them quite often but never to have a talk to such as this, lovely.

There was much champagne flowing though neither myself nor Colin had any.  Colin was driving as it was a truly shocking ph day for me, in truth a ph day but I got out of bed and went on my rather wobbly legs.  Colin never drinks and drives and I just don't drink, full stop but it seemed everyone had a full glass and they were often replenished so I am sure the day went well for them.  For is though it was enough when moms ashes were scattered and we came home, me to my bed to wake to a new and better day.

I am not sure how my other ph friends are when they have bad days but for me I just can't eat.  I managed three crackers and a banan all day.  The thought of making the effort to eat is just too much and Colin knows now not to worry, it will pass.  It's not like I don't have enough fat to keep me going!

Lovely surprise, my daughter has rung me to say she has read my message about having a messy Facebook account and she is coming round with my darling Izzy and her lovely boyfriend Chris to sort me out, what would we do without the young ones who seem to be born with this type of knowledge.

It's a beautiful day outside after the bad rain we had last night.  I was hoping the rain would turn into a storm.  I love them,  I was laying in bed with the curtains wide open and a window open too listening to it rattling all around but alas, apart from a few thunder claps how and again way in the distance no storm for us here!

All for now, I do hope when you read my blogs you will like and share them.  Have a good day  xx


No comments:

Post a Comment